From Canada to Asia, with Love


I hope that this token will capture wondrous adventures.
My latest book was not a commission piece nor was it created for an upcoming artisan show. This book was made entirely out of friendship, admiration, and a deep, deep respect. My Tae Kwon Do instructor (yes, you read that properly) is leaving Canada very soon, with a yet-to-be-determined return date. At this time last year, I had no idea he walked the streets of my city; but today, I am a richer person for knowing him and having learned from him. In fact, my life's trajectory has been altered significantly, in part, due to him. There are many extremely positive things that I can say about this special individual, whose inner light makes his students likewise shine, but I will respect his privacy by not doing so in this forum. Anyone who has been blessed to be his student knows whereof I speak. 

I wrapped each signature in a section of 
vintage topographical maps from our region.
Instead I can say this--I hope he knows that it was my utter joy to make something for him with him specifically in mind. I hope his own story continues joyfully and in so many wondrous ways. And I wish him safe travels wherever life may take him. Further still, may our paths cross again. Until then, we carry him in our hearts.

Tae Kwon. Thank you, Sir.

Popular Posts