Here we go!

I think I'm ready. Let me clarify. As it is with my life, this blog is still a work in progress. Text and photos are changing and being tweaked because that is what I do--change and tweak. The editor in me is never fully satisfied. The text can always be improved. The fact is that I probably will constantly rewrite this blog. And why shouldn't it be so? I  am constantly changing. My work is constantly evolving. And my experience level is always growing. The content simply reflects who I am in my life at this moment. Where and who I'll be tomorrow is a mystery. That's a good thing.

Oh, how patiently our Daisy waits amidst the snow.
I've just become the cautious owner of a digital SLR camera and I'm experiencing mixed emotions. You see, I'm an old-school gal at heart. Our previous SLR is manual. (And when I say manual, I mean f-stops and shutter speed are all in my control. Pop in the film and away I go.) I adore  it. I love the internal tension as I pull back the lever to advance the film. I love how it takes me slow and painstaking minutes to compose my shots just so. If I could have a darkroom in my house, I would jump at the chance.  This digital device, however, is a completely different animal to me. The first time I turned it one I jumped back at the complex display screen and immediately turned it off again! But slowly, I'm ready to explore this new kid. I even think I can be friends with both. My old buddy is like going home--comfortable and true; but this new one is an adventure waiting to happen. With it, I can show  you my story, display my craft, and help you visualize my world. Rather exciting, I must admit. So, you never know where life will take you or with whom you will travel. I only hope you'll join me on my ride!


Comments

Popular Posts